Affordable 6.58-Inch ID Orion Full Aperture Solar Filter
- A must-have white-light filter for safe observation of the Sun and sunspots without damaging your eyes
- Optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope’s aperture to block 99.999% of incoming sunlight so you can view safely
- Glass filter elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel
- Each Orion telescope solar filter includes three equidistant thumbscrews, 4x 1/16″ thick adhesive foam tabs, and 4x 1/8″ thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your telescope
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
Designed to fit snugly over the aperture of your telescope, these optical glass filters block 99.999% of incoming sunlight, allowing you to safely observe sunspots and solar granulation in the Sun’s photosphere. The Sun appears in a natural, whitish color. The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel for a scratch-resistant surface. Each filter has three nylon thumbscrews to ensure a snug fit to the front of your telescope or binocular. The thumbscrews complement the press-fit foam lining inside the filter’s durable aluminum cell to accommodate diameters up to Â¼” smaller than the nominal size. A tight press fit is still required for safe solar viewing. Lifetime limited warranty.